Some 'more, in-depth' information on Oracle BPEL PM, ESB and other SOA, day2day things

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Using Oracle XE for BPEL dehydration store of 2 instances

Today, while downloading the newest (nightly) 10.1.3 BPEL engine build - it knocked me again, installation will upgrade my Oracle Lite instance (yes it's the developer version *argh*, I did not install a fletched Enterprise Edition) - outcome is the timecosting restore (= filecopy of the config files from/to the windows home)

But a minute later I remembered this posting on Oracle XE - and thought to give it a shot (thx orablogs!).

10 minutes download, another 10 to have the installer configuring it (all on a dell 600, 1 gig ram) - and it was up and running..
1st wow: the htmldb (aka Application Express) administration in the browser, that works like a charme and offers you cool admin features (of course for a non DBA like me this is cool)
2nd wow: it supports all what I need, tables, views, indices (well it's a db, I know) and plsql :-)

So lets get to work .. Note: this has to be done for each installation

  • create a user (I append the version number, to seperate them) (create user orabpel101202 identified by orabpel) - for 10.1.2.0.2 repo

  • grant connect, resource and create view privileges to this account

  • and then run server_oracle.ddl and domain_oracle.ddl from $BPEL_HOME/system/database/scripts


Next step, a quick look into datasources.xml ($BPEL_HOME/\system\appserver\oc4j\j2ee\home\config), changing the datasources to use thin drivers instead of olite and connecting them to the XE db (localhost:1521:XE) and voila, it worked!

XE and BPEL rock!

Having questions? Feedback me on this entry Oracle xe & bpel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home